Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Popcorn

Well, I've decided to turn this from a dedicated food blog into a food/music/etc blog.

My Halloween costume was food-related: popcorn! I strung popcorn onto fishing line (and, for its second incarnation, cotton thread) and made a headdress, necklace, earrings, and bracelets of popcorn. I planned on a belt, but it proved a bit too fragile. The upsides of the costume were many: I always had a snack with me, I smelled good, I could wear whatever else I wanted, there was the possibility of sharing my costume....The only problem was that it was difficult for biking, so I had to carry the popcorn jewels carefully while me and Ol' Squeaky made our way across town. Also, at one party someone tried to eat my bracelet without permission, and I made a little fuss about asking for consent. The popcorn-stringing itself was not particularly arduous, especially while listening to the new Blow album (food reference from "Parentheses": "If something in the deli aisle makes you cry/Of course I'll put my arms around you and I'll walk you outside/Through the sliding doors/Why would I mind?"), which is fabulous and dancey, and I'm allowed to like even though DF loves them too.

Popcorn had two costume incarnations--necessary because I ate the first one, at a future-themed party. I decided I was from the time in the future when the human genome had become contaminated with GM corn, and I repeated that ad nauseum (note: get a shorter soundbite next year). For incarnation number two, on Halloween itself, me and my dear friend Triceratops went to the Triple Rock. T had a trihawk to match his three horns. Unfortunately, the place was filled with drunk straight people dressed up as sexy butterflies, and we heard some awful cover bands. At least we had popcorn to eat!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home