Tuesday, December 12, 2006

December Reading

It's not quite even the middle of December, but I've read millions of books (see: dissertation writing, lack of). Here's the list:

Novik, His Majesty's Dragon (dragons in the Napoleonic wars: amazing!)
Levine, Two Princesses of Bamarre (a story about courage, mostly)
Skrdla, Ghostly Ruins: American's Forgotten Architecture (amazing; a gift for my dad)
Westerfeld, Midnighters 2: Touching Darkness (the plot thickens)
Smith, Cryptid Hunters (okay adventure-fantasy novel with lots of cryptozoology talk)
Toth, Ms. Mentor's Impeccable Advice for Women in Academia (brilliant, of course)
Baker, The Machine's Child (talk about the plot thickening!)
the most recent Journal of American History (I can't tell you a single article I read in this)

Summary: lots of YA novels, lots of series books. Many books to read before bed after writing makes me too exhausted to think. I regret that I can't give these books the time and energy they deserve. I admit that when I'm so exhausted and brain-dead I'm mostly reading for plot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home