Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Liminology

I'm continually amazed that our superfrenetic culture gives space for reflection, consideration, vision, around the new year. I've never been particularly interested in resolutions, but the past year was filled with so many changes and transitions, many of them painful, that giving myself time to reflect and take care of myself is not amusing but necessary. So here are my resolutions:

To practice active self-care
To be with people that challenge me and treat me well

and:
To finish my dissertation

For the first, I moved into a new apartment, full of quiet and space. I bought myself a coffeepot, that I can set to make me coffee at 6:30 every morning. I'm joining the Y, a block from my new place, so every morning I can wake up gently and go to the sauna, grounded and ready to write/program/read.

I hope you also had some quiet space this new year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home