Saturday, February 24, 2007

Chapter 4 comes together

Hurrah! I'm making good progress on Ch 4 today. I finished the three sections I wanted to, and I added some more neat archival material. This may possibly be due to the fact that I couldn't sleep and got up ridiculously early; or more likely to the fact that I revised the intro first thing this morning, which helped me be more clear on what the chapter is about and is trying to argue. Note to self: for the next two chapters, revise the intro first!

I'm also excited about my word count. For my revised chapters, the tally is:
Ch 2: 10,600
Ch 3: 13,300
Ch 4: 10,100 (not done yet!)

total: 34,000 words=136 pages

I have two chapters, intro and conclusion, illustrations, and bibliography to go, so I think I'll hit 250. 200 is the unofficial minimum, so that's all I was going for.

And now, in honor of hitting 10,000 words on Chapter 4, I'm going to take a nap.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 3:00 PM, Blogger Sharonica said...

Suzanne, I'm very impressed by you! Whenever I wake up too early in the morning I'm a complete zombie for the entire day and can't write to save my life. I'm okay if I stay up late and wake up at the normal time, but get me up before 6 a.m. and I'm worthless.

By the way, I lived in Minneapolis before starting grad school--such a great town.

Enjoy your nap!

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger Suzanne said...

Thanks, Sharonica! I've noticed there's a direct correlation between how early I get up and how much work I get done, so I've been trying to train myself to get up earlier, with the help of a programmable coffeemaker.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home