Tuesday, March 20, 2007

3 out of 5 committee members agree

that I can defend on May 30! Hurrah! I have a tentative defense date!

This means that I actually have to finish. Here are my next steps.

I was feeling crummy all last week and I missed my chapter deadline, but it was the combined chapters 1+5, so I feel okay about taking 3 weeks to finish instead of 2. Anyway:

3/23: Chapter 1 to advisor
4/2: Entire draft to advisor, including intro and conclusion and revised chapters
4/15: Drafts to readers
5/11: Drafts to entire committee, including reader comments, biblio, illustrations
5/30: Defense

This is all extremely scary, especially the next three weeks. I'm also supposed to be working two part-time jobs and applying for Real Jobs, and eating and sleeping and taking care of the cat. I'm feeling really anxious, not my usual productive nervous energy, but nail-biting worry that I won't be able to do it. Maybe I should lay off the coffee.

Update: Make that 4 out of 5!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 10:42 PM, Blogger Christine said...

100% of your friends in Honolulu agree that you are a rockstar and can do this! Hooray for your defense and emancipation!

May 30... I'm trying to get back for Your Day. Stay tuned.

Aloha, lady!

C.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home